Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ALL BOY

So, I know I haven't been blogging very much lately. Actually none at all, like, since February! (Well minus my last post about my current diet) Geeze! Promising to get back into the groove of blogging! Things are still updated on the website, however.

Anyway, back to what this post is about, it's about boys! I Heart Faces has changed up their challenges a bit, however, they are pretty much the same concept.  This week's is All Boy, in honor of Father's Day, coming up! At first, I thought of entering in a photo of a cute little boy I had taken a photo of recently. He was all squirmy faced (if that even make sense). But then I got to thinking, if this challenge is in honor of Father's Day, I wanted to enter a picture honoring my father.

Below is a picture of my step-dad and myself.  We were waiting in the lobby of the Alabama Theatre before my cousin's graduation, a couple of weeks ago. I said, "hey look up", and snapped!! In an instant, I captured a photo I will forever cherish.  It's such an insanely simple photo, however it says so much to me.

My step-dad has been so since I was 2 years old. He has stood by my side through all the toddler and little miss priss years. He disciplined me, but then explained why, when I messed up in my teenage years.  He taught me valuable lessons in my young adult years (still happening!). He walked me down the isle as a bride, and gave me away to man he now calls his son-in-law. I remember at times not understanding why he would make such decisions, but knew how wise and Godly he was, and always put my faith in him. Turns out, I'm glad I did. He has never, not once, steered me wrong. He has never, not once, put himself before me.  My entire life I've felt kindred to him. He has helped me pick out my outfits, shoes, and even wedding dress. If he liked it, I liked it. Never mind you, Momma. (JK!!) ;) He {tried} to teach me to check my oil and change my tire, although I'll never take much to those sorts of things. Why, just the other day he came and changed my busted tire for me, on his off day. You see, I could go on and on about all of the memories I have of him, but no one will ever understand, just how much this man means to me. The sacrifices he's made and the unconditional love he gives, are unmeasurable. I am, forever grateful.





This photo was entered into I Heart Faces Photo Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perspective of this shot is amazing...love it! So simple yet so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it... So beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete